Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Update and Conference!

      General Conference, as usual, was amazing!  I'm so excited for everyone affected by the changes to the missionary ages!  It's so cool that they have the option to go earlier if they feel ready!  I loved the talks, and so many of them stood out to me.  I don't think you can have favorites, but Elder Holland's talks are always among my favorites and this time was no different.  His understanding of the scriptures astounds me and I hope that someday I will be able to read the scriptures and see the stories in them the way that he does.  There were several other talks that hit home for different reasons, and just in general, I was left feeling uplifted and motivated to do better.  I can't wait for Thursday when they put the transcripts up so I can re-read my favorites and get some good quotes from them.
   
     So, as far as re-motivation goes, I was in need of it this week.  My last post I was very motivated to make a lot of changes, through the Personal Progress Program (say that 5 times fast...).  That hasn't changed, but I also haven't done great at it.

     Number 1 was Faith and establishing a routine of praying morning and night.  I did so good at this! ...for 3 days. And then it got a little bit sketchy.  I'm doing better though and am learning what works and what doesn't work for me.  I am finding that the days that I say my prayers I have a better day and am able to feel the spirit more often.  It has just been little changes, but I can feel the difference it's making already in my life and I am loving it!

    As for the rest, I've done bits and pieces, but really there's nothing to report.  I'm working on setting aside a time to work on these goals everyday, so hopefully that will help.  On a different note, Greg and I have started going to the gym in our apartment complex on any afternoon that we have off (usually it ends up being 3-4 days a week).  After years of searching, I have finally found a good workout partner! Imagine that, he was living with me all along.  I always have a hard time getting motivated to go and he is doing that for me.  I'm already feeling better and looking forward to getting healthy!

    And lastly, in other news, Greg passed his FAA Exams! Well, the first two...  He has two more to take tomorrow, so keep him in your prayers and watch for an update.  If he passes them both, he'll have his airframe certificate!!!  (For those of you who that means nothing to, he has two certificates that he'll need to graduate, airframe and powerplant, and this is the first of the two.  He'll test for powerplant near the end of spring semester.)  We are over halfway there... WOOHOO!!!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment