Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sisters!!!!!

Let me start out by saying that I love my sisters! (I love my brothers too, but this post is about sisters...)  I am fortunate to not only have 2 amazing sisters, Kayla and Aubree, but also an amazing sister-in-law, Lizzy!  Last night I got to hang out with Aubree all afternoon and then we went and kidnapped Kayla for a couple of hours.  We didn't do much, just talked, but I loved every second of it!  It made me realize how grateful I am for my beautiful amazing, sisters, all 3 of them! So, without further ado (and somewhat in the style of my sister's recent blog posts, though not on purpose...), my sisters:
First is Kayla.  We had a pretty strained relationship when we were younger but I consider her my best friend now.  Kayla is amazing and beautiful.  Her testimony has always been an example to me of what I want mine to be.  Kayla has been there for me through the hardest times in my life.  There was one night in particular that I remember when I had pretty much hit the bottom and Kayla came in my room and laid in bed with me and let me cry and cry and cry.  We didn't really talk, because there wasn't really anything to say, but just knowing that I had her there helped me know that everything would be alright.  I love how we can talk and talk for hours.  We don't always agree on things, but I love that too.  We can debate things and just agree to disagree, and that's okay. I am so grateful to have such an awesome sister, and I love her forever!

Next is Aubree.  Aubree is the baby.  She is 10 years and 10 days younger than me.  I actually remember the day she was born, August 4, 1998 and my first day of 5th grade.  I was late to school that day and I was so excited at the reason.  Aubree is probably the sweetest girl that I know.  She loves everyone!  Even though I still think of her as my baby sister, she is growing up into a beautiful young woman.  I am so proud of her in everything that she is doing!  Because of our age difference and because I'm the oldest and she's the youngest, I've always felt almost like a second mom to her (not that she needs one, because our mom is AMAZING!!!).  Ever since she was little she has had a hug and a kiss for me whenever I'm sad.  She gives the best hugs and is always excited to see me.  Although she is only 12, she already had an amazing testimony.  Every time I hear her bear her testimony it makes me cry, and it makes me want to be a better person.  She makes me want to be a better person.  I love that she feels like she can talk to me about everything and I look forward to hearing her stories about friends and boys and just life in general.  I look forward to our friday night Ang and Aub parties, when I can spend some time with just her.  And no matter how much taller than me she gets she will always be my favorite youngest sister ;-)
And last, Lizzy.  I put Liz last because she became my sister last.  I feel so blessed to have gained such an amazing family when I married Greg.  Lizzy and I hit it off pretty quickly after I got married, but it was when Greg and I moved to New Hampshire for a few months that I really got close to her.  The months that we were there are full of memories that I will never forget.  Sister date nights, star gazing, long road trips where we always got lost somehow, driving lessons.  The list could go on and on.  Lizzy is a very amazing, beautiful young lady.  As with my other sisters, she has taught me so much and been such an example to me.  When we were living with Greg's family, I had the chance to see Liz live her testimony and really show that she believes what she says she does.  She has conquered some trials that I don't know how I would have handled, and it is a great example to me of how I want to live my life.  I will be forever thankful that I got to be a part of her life!  I love her just like I love my other sisters!  (And I am so excited for her to come visit me next monday =)  )

I am so thankful for my amazing, fabulous, awesome, wonderful sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!  As I wrote this I realized that I had left out another sister.  My dearest, bestest friend in the whole world is Tjanna.  We met in our first (and only) semester of college at EA and became friends pretty quickly.  Soon we switched our rooms around and I gave up having my own room because sharing a room with your best friend is much better than having your own room (and she was staying in my room all night talking anyway).  Our friendship has definitely seen it's good and bad days, but it is better for them.  I have come to think of Tjanna as my sister, especially in this past year.  She has had some pretty tough things happen in her life and she has become an amazing woman through them.  I know she doesn't feel it, but she is amazing!  She doesn't know how wonderful she is, and the good example she sets for those around her.  I know that her own sister looks up to her and adores her, and she couldn't have a better example.  I am so grateful for the things she has done for me, and the good friend she has been to me.  I honestly don't know what I would do without her!

Love you girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment