Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2011 already?

At the beginning of the new year, I have always heard people say things like "Wow!  This past year just flew by"  or "Can you believe it's the New Year already?"  and every year I just think, well, yes, I can believe it's the New Year and if you ask me the past year didn't fly by, it dragged on and on, almost as if someone hit the 'slow' button on the VCR.  So, imagine my surprise when I go to sleep one beautiful evening in May and I wake up the next morning to find that it is the week of Christmas.  This past year flew by.  And it wasn't just a little fast forward either, it was more like the skip button on the remote.  Somebody must have hit that back at the beginning of summer and just skipped 6 months of my life.  So now here I am.  It's the end of January and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why it's so cold in July and why I feel like we just celebrated Christmas and New Years.  In fact, I thought about naming my blog something to the effect of "How the Days Fly By" but alas, my dear sister beat me to it.

Well, I had planned on writing more, but I am sitting in the library using the internet and Greg is sitting in the parking lot waiting for me (ah the joys of having no internet at home... thank goodness we're getting it. I can't wait for Monday!), so that's all for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment